7 Health Benefits of Salmon
HEALTHY LIFE SUBSCRIBE CLICK - https://goo.gl/Bc1I8Q
Please Click "LIKE", SUBSCRIBE "healthy life" and enjoy intersting videos❤
Seven health benefits of salmon
1. Eating salmon is beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis and other inflammatory joint conditions. Salmon contains small proteins called bioactive peptides. One in particular, called calcitonin, has been shown to increase, regulate and stabilize collagen synthesis in human osteoarthritic cartilage. This salmon-found protein also improves bone density and strength.
2. Eating salmon reduces risk of depression. The brain is 60 percent fat and most of that is the omega-3 fatty acid DHA, which is critical it is for brain function and a healthy nervous system. Eating salmon regularly has been associated with reducing the risk and incidence of depression, hostility in young adults and cognitive decline in the elderly.
3. Eating salmon increases your cardiovascular health. As noted, salmon contains high levels of the omega-3 fats, EPA and DHA. These fats are responsible for many cardiovascular benefits such as reducing inflammation. When eaten two to three times per week, salmon can protect you from problems such as heart attack, stroke, arrhythmia, high blood pressure and high triglycerides.
4. Salmon helps build children’s brains. Eating salmon while pregnant and nursing can boost learning capability and academic performance in children. Salmon contains high levels of DHA (decosahexaenoic acid) which is the main structural fatty acid in the central nervous system and retina. Feeding salmon to preschool children also aids in the prevention of ADHD and can even boost academic performance.
5. Salmon’s an excellent source of vitamin D. Sufficient vitamin D is crucial to maintaining optimal health. A deficiency of this essential vitamin has been linked to an increased risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and type-1 diabetes. One can of salmon, for example, contains a day’s worth of vitamin D.
6. Salmon brings out the best in fresh greens. The proteins, B vitamins and omega 3 fatty acids in salmon complement the antioxidants and vitamin C in greens such as spinach and kale.
7. It can help prevent cell damage. Along with its many vitamins and high protein content, salmon is an excellent source of selenium, a mineral is that works as an antioxidant in the body. It is associated with decreased risk of joint inflammation, keeps the immune system and thyroid working well, and can help to keep tissues healthy by preventing cell damage.
Patients taking Viagra are less likely to suffer a heart attack, new research claims.
Men taking the impotence drug were found to have a lower risk of having a heart attack or dying from heart failure than those not on the medication.
The findings mean Viagra could soon be used to treat hundreds of thousands of heart failure patients and even prevent fatal heart attacks, scientists say.
Experts from the University of Manchester studied 6,000 diabetic patients who had been given Viagra to treat erectile dysfunction.
The drug relaxes muscle cells in the blood vessels supplying the penis, allowing more blood to flow there.
This increased blood flow increases the likelihood of getting an erection.
Given the increasing reports of deaths in which the use of Viagra may be implicated, clinicians need to exercise caution when advising their patients with heart
Experts believe a key ingredient in Viagra called PDE5i, which relaxes blood vessels, also prevents damage to heart cells.
Heart failure is caused by the heart failing to pump enough blood around the body at the right pressure.
It most often occurs because the heart muscle has become too weak or stiff to work properly and is usually treated with medication which supports the heart.
Despite diabetics being prone to heart problems, the study participants did not suffer as many incidents as similar patients not on the drug.