1) Mind Relaxation - according to a study done at the Columbia University, the main health benefits of the sauna lie in its relaxing qualities. The main reason is that the heat lowers the pulse and blood pressure, helping to fight the effects of stress.
2) Relieves Headaches & Migraines - saunas may help headache sufferers, according to a study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. The study examined the use of saunas to help relieve pain and treat the symptoms of chronic tension-type headache.
3) Boosts The Immune System - sauna sessions help produce white blood cells, an important part of the immune system which fights against attacking infections and ailments. As the regular users of sauna have a higher count of white blood cells, they stay healthier, and if illnesses do occur, they heal considerably faster.
4) Weight Loss - saunas can also help with weight loss since they can increase heart rate while lowering blood pressure. These physiological effects are similar to a cardio exercise.
5) Pain Relief - the heat from a sauna warms and relaxes muscles and soothes the nerve endings, in turn relieving the tension from the body and minimizing joint pain. This is particularly useful for people who have arthritis.
6) Asthma - patients with asthma may find relief from some symptoms as a result of a regular use of a sauna. It is believed that a sauna may help open airways, loosen phlegm, and reduce stress.
7) Improved Skin Health - staying in a sauna, followed by a shower, cleanses the skin better than just taking a shower. It makes the skin healthy and soft, with instant noticeable effects.
8) Sauna Helps You Decompress After Workout - heat can penetrate deep into the muscle tissue and helps relieve delayed onset muscle soreness. Moreover, the heat effects of the sauna will help to remove lactic acid from the muscle cell. This will contribute to a faster recovering after physical exercise.
9) Improved Blood Circulation - another benefit of sitting in a sauna is that the heat gets the blood vessels expanded, resulting in a temporary lowering of blood pressure.
10) Sauna Detoxifies The Body - sweating is one of our body's most natural methods to get rid of excess junk, like - sodium, lactic acid, and uric acid, which routinely accumulate in the body.
11) Clears congestion - heat from saunas opens and thins the mucus membranes all around the human body. Many people can observe their loosening mucus and can immediately breath easier when they first enter a sauna.
12) Back Pain Relief - sauna heat has significant effects on easing muscle tension, increasing blood circulation, and fighting inflammatory diseases. This means sauna sessions can solve some main problems of back pain, then lower the possibility of back pain occurrence.
13) Reduces Blood Sugar Levels - spending time in a sauna helped type 2 diabetics reduce their blood sugar levels and improve sleep patterns, according to a study issued in the New England Journal of Medicine.
14) Rejuvenation - people who use saunas regularly report they feel well most of the time. They are also more energized and feel better overall.
15) Heavy Metal Detox - many toxins seem to prefer to excrete into sweat versus urine or blood. For instance, cadmium, arsenic, mercury, and lead have been shown in research to be excreted through the skin better than they are excreted through urine.
You can get dehydrated easily in a sauna, therefore, drink plenty of fluids before and after using it. Also, avoid alcohol before or after your sauna session.
Don't overdo it! About 20 minutes of sauna is a sufficient time limit for most people. It is recommended to start by sitting in a sauna for only 5 minutes at a time until the body better tolerates the heat.
Thank you. This video was about Benefits of Sauna, sauna after a workout, benefits of a sauna after a workout, health benefits of sauna, health benefits of a sauna, what are the benefits of a sauna, benefits of sauna room, benefits of sitting in a sauna, sauna weight loss, or is sweating good for you.
Images - pixabay
1.Quercetin Benefits | Quercetin Side Effects | Foods High in Quercetin - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJMp9D256M
2. 25 Foods High In Collagen For Flawless Skin & Strong Nails - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkJHKr87qYc