Home Remedies for Allergies in Dogs: In this video, we share home remedies for allergies in dogs - how to treat allergies on dogs. Subscribe to our channel for more videos.
Home Remedies for Allergies in Dogs
If your dog is scratching, losing fur or developing a rash, it may mean that your dog suffers from allergies. Allergies are an increasingly frequent problem for dogs, mirroring a similar trend in people.
The symptoms of allergies can be very debilitating and uncomfortable for your furry friend. Red eyes, itchy skin, discharge coming out of the eyes and nose, itchy paws and red spots from scratching are some common symptoms.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar is good for humans as well as pets when it comes to treating allergy symptoms.
* Pour raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and an equal amount of water into a spray bottle. Give it a shake to mix up the ingredients. Spray the solution all over your dog’s skin, and allow it to dry on its own. Use this remedy 1 or 2 times a day.
When your dog suffers from itchy skin caused by allergies, one of the best remedies to try is oatmeal.
* Add 1½ cups of colloidal oatmeal to a big tub filled with warm water. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil. Bathe your dog in the oatmeal bath for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse off the oatmeal with warm water. Repeat once daily until your dog shows no symptoms of allergies.
3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has many benefits for your dog, including providing quick relief from allergy symptoms.
* To apply topically, thoroughly mix ½ cup of extra-virgin coconut oil and 2 or 3 drops of oil of oregano. Rub the mixture on your dog’s itchy spots and any rashes. Rinse it off after 1 hour. Do it twice daily.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is one of the safest herbs for humans as well as pets when it comes to reducing allergy symptoms.
1. Give your dog a nice soapy bath.
2. Allow the fur to air-dry, then apply fresh aloe vera gel on the skin.
3. There is no need to rinse the gel off the skin.
4. Repeat once daily and your pet will start feeling better quickly.
5. Licorice Root
Licorice root offers many benefits and is a safe herb for dogs.
* Give your dog 12 to 20 drops of licorice tincture per 20 pounds of body weight, twice daily.
Thanks for watching home remedies for allergies in dogs - how to treat allergies on dogs video and don't forget to like, comment and share.
Dogs Skin Allergies Home Remedies,
Allergies on Dogs,
Allergies to Dogs,
Dogs with Allergies,
Allergies in Dogs,
Allergies in Dogs Treatment,